Music Publishing Company Social Media Marketing Platforms
Americans are watching on average 21 hours of video content per week; the most worldwide according to Motorola’s 2010 Global Media Engagement Barometer. With this powerful statistic it becomes obvious to choose YouTube as one of three Social Media Marketing Platforms.
YouTube bills itself as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small. As a Music Publishing Company original content created can include footage from work being performed to produce music in a studio, an artist giving a radio or internet drop for the Music Publishing Company or an artist endorsing a product in which the Music Publishing Company has a partnership with.
Below find three tips that Music Publishing Company marketers can implement in utilizing YouTube as a marketing platform:
1.) Ensure the profile that you create in YouTube reflects your organization as a Music Publishing Company and is consistent with business strategy; this provides a way to differentiate your organization from others of the same type which may or may not have a presence on YouTube.
2.) When adding or making a video your favorite on your YouTube Channel ensure that each video complements your organizations goals and objectives and or highlights some aspect of a service that is needed which your organization can provide and can also fulfill a service which your organization does not provide; this can usually lead to cooperative agreements/strategic partnerships.
3.) Content which you do post to YouTube should be structured to include relevant contact information and route potential customers to your website. This places the organization in a position to acquire new consumers and gives them a reason to engage you for business.
Facebook as a Social Media Marketing Platform is a perfect second choice. Three ways in which marketers can utilize Facebook as a marketing platform include:
1. 1.) Create a page for your organization, ensuring that you choose either the “Brand or Product” page or “Entertainment” page best suited to your business strategy.
2. 2.) Solicit feedback from your Fans about their favorite songs then put the album on sale where most of those songs reside.
3. 3.) Make sure your organizations Facebook page links back to both the brick-and-mortar and Internet presence.
With a 140-character limit, Twitter forces an organization to provide content that can both entertain and grab a potential consumers attention. Below are three tips that can help ensure that using Twitter as a marketing platform adds value to your organization:
1. 1.) Create different twitter channels for unique aspects of your organization to possibly include artists doing business with the company or endorsements/partnerships.
2. 2.) Tweet giveaways for behind the scenes access for fans at special events.
3. 3.) Tweet tour schedules, video shoot locations and autograph signings.
Remember, the above tips can only be fully implemented if each and all of the platforms used converge back to the organizations official website and or brick-and-mortar business establishment.